Ruger's SFAR is a true small-frame semi-auto rifle chambered for the powerful 7.62 NATO (.308 Winchester) cartridge. Although nearly identical in size to a traditional AR-style 5.56/.223-caliber rifle, the SFAR packs the more powerful punch of a trusted long-range cartridge.
The key features of the SFAR rifle include:
- Premium Bolt: The bolt is CNC-machined from high-strength super alloy steel that outperforms traditional C158 bolts. Tapered lug geometry further strengthens the breech to support larger short-action cartridges. The bolt carrier assembly features a chrome-lined 8620 steel bolt carrier and nitride-processed gas key staked in place. The titanium firing pin has been DLC-coated for long service life. The bolt includes dual ejectors and an optimized extractor to ensure positive extraction and ejection of the spent case through the enlarged ejection port.
- Hammer Forged Barrel: 4140 chrome-moly steel barrel is cold hammer-forged with ultra-precise 5R rifling. The heavy profile barrel balances nicely and its attractive, black nitride finish helps ensure exceptional accuracy, longevity, and easy cleaning.
- Muzzle Brake: Ruger® 2-port Boomer muzzle brake has large perpendicular surfaces to redirect gas and reduce felt recoil. 5/8"-24 muzzle threads on the barrel remain compatible with other brakes, flash hiders, and suppressors.
- Free-floated Handguard: The 15" aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul® M-LOK® accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions and a full length Picatinny top rail.
- QD Sockets: Sockets for Quick Disconnect (QD) sling swivels located at the muzzle end of the handguard allows for comfortable carry with a two-point sling.
- Adjustable Gas Block: The rifle-length gas system features a 0.750" 4-position rotary-regulator gas block to achieve ideal function across the wide range of ammunition available in the marketplace today. The included, on-board 3/16" ball-end wrench makes for easy regulator adjustment.
- Excellent Trigger: Equipped with a Ruger Elite 452® trigger that delivers a smooth, crisp 4.5-pound 2-stage trigger pull. A full-strength hammer spring and lightweight hammer ensure fast lock times and consistent primer ignition.
- Enhanced Upper and Lower: Made from a 7075-T6 hard-coat anodized aluminum forging, the upper receiver is complete with brass deflector, forward assist, and full-length Picatinny rail. The lower receiver features a generous flare on the magazine well for easy magazine insertion.
- Safety Engineering: Venting holes in the upper receiver, barrel extension, and bolt carrier ensure that excess gas is directed safely away from the user.
- Magpul Furniture: The Magpul MOE SL® stock and MOE® grip provide positive control and ergonomics. The receiver end plate includes an additional socket for a QD sling swivel pocket and fills the offset space at the rear of the receiver.
- Compatibility: Compatible with mil-spec MSR trigger groups, receiver end plates, charging handles, pistol grips, and adjustable stocks.
- 20-Round Magazine: Comes with one, 20-round Magpul PMAG® magazine and is compatible with SR25®/AR-10®-pattern .308 Win/7.62 NATO magazines.
In short, Ruger's SFAR is a true small-frame AR-style semi-automatic rifle that's chambered for the powerful 7.62 NATO (.308 Winchester) cartridge. Although nearly identical in size to a traditional AR-style 5.56/.223-caliber rifle, the SFAR packs the more powerful punch of a trusted long-range cartridge.
If you're looking for a semi-auto carbine chambered for the 7.62 (.308 Winchester) cartridge, look no further.
Order your Ruger SFAR today and discover for yourself that good things do come in small packages.