This firearm is available for In-Store Pickup or shipment to an FFL Dealer near you. Click here for more details.
The Ruger AR-556 Rifle is a single-stage trigger firearm that provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting in cold weather. Six-position, telescoping, M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters or varying levels of outerwear. 11" aluminum handguard is free-floated for accuracy and features Magpul M-LOK accessory attachment slots along the 3:00, 6:00 and 9:00 positions with additional slots on the angled faces near the muzzle. The inside diameter of the carrier and gas key are chrome plated and the key is staked for longevity.
The AR-556 Rifle offers:
- Flat top upper receiver features a Picatinny rail for easy attachment of magnified optic, red dot or open sights.
- Equipped with a heavy contour, cold hammer-forged alloy barrel with 1:8" twist rifling that provides exceptional accuracy with bullets from 35 to 77 grains. M4 feed ramps and 5.56 NATO chamber allows the use of both 5.56 NATO and .223 Rem. ammunition. The barrel and 1/2"-28 Ruger flash suppressor have a matte black oxide finish to reduce glare and provide corrosion resistance.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flat top upper receiver features a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector.
- Also includes: one, 30-round Magpul PMAG magazine.
- Model: 08529
- Caliber: 5.56 NATO
- Stock: Black Synthetic, Collapsible
- Front Sight: None
- Rear Sight: None
- Barrel Length: 16.10"
- Thread Pattern: 1/2"-28
- Feature: Free-Float Handguard
- Handguard: Free-Float with M-LOK Attachment Slots
- Twist: 1:8" RH
- Capacity: 30
- Receiver Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized
- Height: 7.20"
- Weight: 6.7 lb.
- Overall Length: 32.25" - 35.50"
- Length of Pull: 10.25" - 13.50"
- Grooves: 5