This firearm is available for In-Store Pickup or shipment to an FFL Dealer near you. Click here for more details.
The Ruger AR-556 Auto-Loading Rifle
is a modern Sporting Rifle that offers consumers an affordable, American-made Sporting Rifle with rugged reliability they have come to expect from Ruger. Extensively tested during its development, the AR-556 is constructed from top-quality components, including forged 7075-T6 aluminum upper and lower receivers and a cold hammer-forged chrome-moly steel barrel with M4 feed ramp cuts. Chambered in 5.56 NATO, the AR-556's carbine-length, flat-top, M4 design is fully configured with a Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight, milled F-height gas block with post front sight, forward assist, dust cover, brass deflector, telescoping six-position stock, improved trigger-reach grip, enlarged trigger guard and one 30-round Magpul PMag. Standardized M4/AR components are utilized throughout, so the AR-556 can be customized easily.
Ruger AR-556 Auto-Loading Rifle offers:
- Ruger Rapid Deploy folding rear sight provides windage adjustability, and pairs with the elevation adjustable front sight for a solid, reliable aiming system. The rear sight can be folded out of the way to make room for optics, but can be instantly redeployed if needed.
- Six-position telescoping M4-style buttstock and Mil-Spec buffer tube allow the rifle to be properly sized for different shooters, or varying levels of outerwear or defensive gear.
- Made from aerospace-grade 7075-T6 aluminum forging, the flattop upper receiver includes a forward assist, dust cover and brass deflector, and is Type III hard coat anodized for maximum durability.
- Bolt is machined from 9310 alloy steel and is shot peened and pressure (proof) tested to ensure strength, structural integrity and durability.
- Front sight post is elevation adjustable, and a front sight tool is included. The A2-style F-height allows co-witness with many optics.
- Patent pending Barrel Nut and Delta Ring are designed for one person handguard removal and installation. The design accepts most standard carbine length handguards. The barrel nut uses a standard wrench and can be swapped with a Mil-Spec barrel nut if desired.
- Milled gas block is located at a carbine-length (M4) position for improved balance and handling. Multiple attachment points include a QD socket and bayonet lug, for many sling and accessory mounting options.
- Serrations on the angled face of the gas block provide a low-glare surface.
- Medium contour cold hammer-forged barrel with ultra-precise rifling provides exceptional accuracy, longevity and easy cleaning.
- Ergonomic pistol grip features an extended trigger reach for more precise trigger control.
- Chrome-plated bolt carrier inside diameter and chrome-plated gas key inside diameter provide exceptional resistance to hot gases. The gas key is staked so that it will not loosen after extensive firing. A matte black oxide finish on the exterior of the bolt carrier provides corrosion resistance.
- Single-stage trigger provides durable and reliable fire control. The enlarged trigger guard is designed to allow gloved shooting.
- Handguards are made from heat-resistant glass-filled nylon for shooting comfort and durability.
- Also includes: One, 30-round Magpul PMAG.
- Model: RUG08400
- Capacity: 30 rounds
- Barrel Length: 16.10 in.
- Caliber: 5.56mm Nato
- Overall Length: 35.50 in.
- Thread Pattern: 1/2 in. - 28
- Length of Pull:13.50 in.
- Front Sight: Adjustable Post
- Rear Sight: Adjustable Ruger Rapid Deploy
- Grooves: 6
- Finish: Type III Hard Coat Anodized Black
- Height: 8 in.
- Sights: Adjustable 3-Dot
- Weight: 6.5 lbs.
- Twist: 1:8" RH