Here's another must-try recipe fromTraeger Grills. These thick-cut steaks are reverse seared on the Traeger for a flavor injection, then topped with a zesty, herb-packed gremolata for a fresh finish. Simply amazing.
Cowboy Cut Steaks
Posted by Ryan Robertson on Dec 5th 2020
1) Season the steaks liberally with Traeger Beef rub and kosher salt.
2) When ready to cook, set the temperature to 225 ℉ (with Super Smoke if using a WiFire enabled grill) and preheat for 10-15 minutes. Place steaks directly on the grill grate and cook for 45 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 115℉.
3) Remove steaks from the grill and let rest for 10 minutes. While the steaks are resting, increase the grill temperature to high (450-500 ℉) and preheat for 10-15 minutes.
4) Place the steaks back on the grill and cook 5-7 minutes per side or until the internal reaches 130 ℉ for medium rare.
5) For the gremolata: In a medium bowl combine all ingredients and stir well. Adjust seasoning to taste with salt and lemon juice.
6) Remove from the grill and let rest 1 minutes before slicing. Spoon gremolata over sliced steak to serve. Enjoy!
*Cook times will vary depending on set and ambient temperatures.
2 Whole Snake River Farms Cowboy Cut Steak (2.5 lbs.)
To Taste Traeger Beef Rub
To Taste kosher salt
1 Bunch fresh parsley
2 Tablespoon Mint, chopped
1 Tablespoon Preserved Lemon, Minced
1 Clove garlic, minced
1/4 Cup olive oil
1 Whole lemon juice
To Taste salt and pepper