About the Hornady .452 DIA 225GR FTX
Hornady .452 DIA 225GR FTX bullet revolutionized lever gun ballistics, creating a new level of performance for these popular firearms. Lever gun enthusiasts can now harness the accuracy, power and long-range performance of a tipped bullet that's safe to load in tubular magazines. Hornady offers the same Flex Tip technology for handguns that revolutionized lever guns. Typical hollow point pistol bullets deliver good performance at modest velocities, but have a tendency to expand too quickly and sacrifice penetration at the higher velocities achieved with lever action guns.
- Upon impact, the soft tip compresses into the bullet initiating immediate expansion across a wide range of velocities. Safe to shoot in tubular magazines as well as any other firearm.
- The one-piece, high antimony lead core of the FTX is mechanically locked to the jacket with an Interlock ring. This, along a specially designed jacket, results in reliable performance and maximum weight retention for deep penetration on large or heavy-bodied game animals.
- Pioneered by Hornady, the secant ogive profile delivers stability, flat trajectories and amazing accuracy.
- Caliber - 45 Cal .452"
- Sectional Density - .157
- Ballistic Coefficient - .145
- Weight - 225 grain
- Application - Medium Game, Large Game, and Personal Defense
- Model - HOR45218
We go the extra mile.
Our Green Top Pros dont just sell the gear in our store but they use it every day. Along with unmatched expertise, here are a few perks you'll enjoy as a Green Top customer.
- CP Category:
- Requires FFL: