About the Hornady .338 Cal 185GR GMX
Hornady .338 Cal 185GR GMX hard-hitting and deep-penetrating, the GMX bullet combines monolithic construction with pioneering ballistic design to meet the need for premium, non traditional bullet. Tougher than pure copper, the mono-metal copper alloy has been proven to shoot cleaner, foul less, and deliver consistent, even pressure curves. The tough alloy material routinely retains 95% or more of its original weight and expands up to 1.5 times its original diameter. Featuring a long, sleek profile with cannelures, the design reduces overall bearing surface and drag, while achieving some of the highest ballistic coefficients from monolithic, non-traditional bullets. Initiating expansion upon impact, the hard polymer tip drives into the hollow cavity at the front of the bullet, creating a mushroom-style projectile as it travels through the animal. Fully California compatible and appropriate for use in areas requiring the use of non-traditional bullets, GMX is ideal for any sized game, from antelope to moose.
- One-piece copper alloy won't separate and delivers devastating terminal performance, deep penetration, and 95% weight retention.
- Reduces both bearing surface and fouling, and aids in consistent reloads.
- High weight retention is a significant benefit to the GMX and monolithic family of bullets, routinely retaining 95% or more of their original weight.
- Caliber - 338 .338
- Sectional Density - .231
- Ballistic Coefficient - .420 (G1)
- Weight - 185 Grain
- Application - Medium and Large Game
- Model - HOR33270
We go the extra mile.
Our Green Top Pros dont just sell the gear in our store but they use it every day. Along with unmatched expertise, here are a few perks you'll enjoy as a Green Top customer.
- CP Category: