About the Flymen Fishing Fish-Skull Shrimp & Cray Tail GoldThe Flymen Fishing Fish-Skull Shrimp & Cray Tail is a stainless-steel weight molded in the shape of crustacean tails. Quick and easy to tie, the Shrimp & Cray Tail is a simple alternative to bead chain eyes and dumbbells - two general-purpose fly tying materials which add the needed weight to shrimp and crayfish flies, but require ungainly tying methods and lack the distinctive tail profile of these creatures. Target both saltwater and freshwater fish, from bonefish, permit, stripers, speckled trout, and redfish, to carp, smallmouth bass, and other warmwater species.
- Model: FSSCTGL
- Quick and easy to tie - No more figure 8 wraps and no more twisting. Simply tie in the Shrimp & Cray Tail directly in line with the hook shank and slightly behind the hook eye, then tie in the rest of your materials
- Realistic look and shape - Your completed fly will have a better finish and more realistic profile because the Shrimp & Cray Tail is molded after the true shape of crustacean tails
- Ensure your fly tracks correctly - The Shrimp & Cray Tail acts as a weighted keel by distributing most of the tail's weight to the bottom of the fly (like a bead chain or dumbbell), ensuring it will swim in the correct position. This also allows you to tie with the hook facing either down or up
- Stable base - The shape of the tail acts almost as a tripod to provide a stable base for your fly to stand upon, which means (unlike bead chain eyes) your fly is less likely to fall on its side while laying motionless on the sand waiting to be stripped
- Trigger the strike - The initial strip of the fly can produce the telltail "puff" of sand or silt, similar to that of an escaping shrimp or crayfish bursting out of cover, to catch the attention of the fish you're targeting
- Stainless steel - Gives your fly the same weight you would expect from a bead chain or small dumbbell, allowing a predictable sink rate
We go the extra mile.
Our Green Top Pros dont just sell the gear in our store but they use it every day. Along with unmatched expertise, here are a few perks you'll enjoy as a Green Top customer.
- CP Category:
- Requires FFL: